Requirements to enter Argentina, given the global situation of COVID-19.
Update Date: September 22, 2021
We tell you everything you will need to present to enter the country, at the same time that we intend to keep updated information on the global pandemic situation of Coronavirus.
Given that each country has specific measures, requirements and protocols, here we tell you the case of Argentina.
In the first instance, given the low number of infections and lethality experienced by the city of Buenos Aires, it had been decided to open the borders on October 30, 2020. First, only neighboring countries could enter to revive international tourism. However, new measures were established that imposed a new border closure from March 12, 2021. The objective of these new measures is to prevent the spread and increase of the second wave of infections that the country is suffering.
At this time, the measures have been modified again given the progress in the vaccination plan for the population of Argentina, added to the constant decline in infections. Thanks to this, a plan of gradual opening of the borders will be carried out with stipulated dates, which must be confirmed with Migrations, the ANAC and other authorities.
As of September 24, Argentines, residents and foreigners should not perform isolation if they enter the country with migration authorization for work reasons.
From October 1, foreigners from neighboring countries will be able to enter without isolation, as well as confirming the opening of the borders by land.
From October 1 to November 1, an increase in the amount of authorized revenues to Argentina is planned.
On November 1, all foreigners will have authorization to enter the country.
Therefore, flights whose origin or destination are from Turkey, the countries of the African Continent, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, added to Brazil and India, are no longer suspended.
Given these new measures, the entry requirements have also been modified, so now the following must be submitted:
1) Complete vaccination schedule, with the last application date at least 14 days prior to arrival in the country.
2) Negative PCR test in the 72 hours prior to shipment, or antigen at the point of entry until defined by the health authority.
3) PCR test on day 5 to 7 of arrival until defined by the health authority.
Any person who does not present a complete vaccination scheme (including minors) must perform quarantine, an antigen test upon admission and a PCR test on day 7.
4) Have COVID-19 health insurance.
As a final request, you must have the Cuidar application installed on your cell phone to be able to circulate around the country.
These requirements must be requested and controlled by the transport companies at the time of shipment. If they commit non-compliance, they must submit to the sanctions established in each country. On the other hand, we also want to emphasize the individual responsibility to enforce them.
For the moment, the exit and entry terminals to the country that are authorized are:
- Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini International Airport.
- San Fernando International Airport (only for the entry of people),
- Port of the City of Buenos Aires (Terminal Buquebus. For Argentine tourists or with residence in Argentina, and for Uruguayan tourists or people with residence in Uruguay).
We remind you of the current basic health prevention measures, established by the Ministry of Health of the Nation:
- Social distancing: 2 meters away from other people.
- Use of chinstraps or face masks to circulate on the street, with the exception of individual circulation in the open air and without crowds of people. Mandatory use in closed places and meetings.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into the foot of the elbow.
- Ventilate all environments repeatedly.
- Do not touch your face with your hands.
- Disinfect frequently used objects.
- Avoid meetings in closed spaces.
We take care of each other, with extreme responsibility. Go to the nearest health center in case of presenting symptoms similar to those of COVID-19.
For more information you can visit the website of Migrations of Argentina.
Given the global situation in which we find ourselves, we recommend that you stay informed before buying a travel ticket.